Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Free webinar on safety practices for testing well water scheduled for Jan. 28

The National Ground Water Association will present the first of three webinars on keeping drinking water safe at 1 p.m. ET on Tuesday. The first, "Testing your well water: Where do you begin?" will be presented by Michael Schnieders, a geologist, hydrologist and senior consultant for Water Systems Engineering in Ottawa, Kan. In the webinar, participants will learn "what every well owner should test for and how to determine what is locally occurring and worthy of testing," according to a news release.

The webinars, which will be available online after the presentation, will address concerns, such as: "How do I test my water? Do I need to treat my water? How do I get my well fixed? How do I protect my groundwater? What do I do if my well floods? What about testing my water near hydraulic fracturing? How do I approach getting a new well?" Additional webinars are scheduled for Feb. 4 and Feb. 26. Free online lessons are also available. For more information or to register click here.

No comments: